- Use a wide-toothed comb first to detangling the curls in your wig, as this will help avoid creating tangles or knots. I always recommend detangling curly hair while wet to reduce friction which causes less breakage.
- Wash your wig with a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to keep the curls bouncy and looking their best. Im currently using the MOISTURE line from Ion its affordable and works great!
- Use a leave-in conditioner or hair mask while wearing the wig to provide extra moisture and nourishment to the curls. Aphogee has an amazing leave in conditioner.
- When styling your wig, use a styling cream or serum to help keep the curls hydrated and frizz-free. Aphogee also has a Curl Definer that goes well with their leave in conditioner. Air drying your curls promotes longevity. Divide the hair into sections and brush product through using a paddle brush to distribute product evenly and define curls. Avoid manipulating hair after styling to avoid frizz.
- Avoid using hot tools, such as curling irons or flat irons, as this can damage the strands of the wig and cause the curls to loose their shape. If your looking for a shine refresh or just wanting the "Wet Look" try spraying the hair with Lusters Pink Glosser. It smells great and provides shine without weighting down the hair with heavy oils.
Be the first to comment